Wednesday, March 9, 2016

~Spring Ahead~


At last, the cold winter weather is leaving us and the warm, pleasant weather is emerging. It's so nice to open up the doors and windows to let some fresh air in while the sun is shining. I'm so thankful for the season change that allows us to be outdoors riding our bikes, taking a walk or a drive and visiting friends more often than when it's bitter cold.

Spring is a time for warm weather activities. It allows us to expand our horizons physically in a much broader way due to the weather change and daylight lasting longer. A surge of energy comes from the sunshine. Oh to see the wonder of flowers in bloom and leaves on the trees, so beautiful. Be sure to turn your clocks ahead this weekend.

If you're short on time to take a day off or go away for the weekend, find a few minutes to walk outside, take a short drive or stop at a friend's home on your way to or from work. The main goal is to make some time for yourself and do something outside. Sometimes it's fun to visit a greenhouse just to look at all the pretty flowers. That doesn't cost a dime. Sitting on a porch is a great way to get some fresh air and see the landscape.

The year is still young and there's still time to join a class in the morning or the evening, grow a garden, take up a hobby, create something from Michaels or learn Zentangle. Zentangle is my thing. I also like to practice my handwriting with my non-dominant hand for 20-30 minutes 3-4 times a week. When I first started doing this my handwriting looked like an old persons. I've practiced over the last six years and now it's very legible. This discipline is good for me. I have to write much slower than my dominant hand to be able to read it. I am also exercising my brain this way with an activity that stimulates different parts of it. It took a lot of practice for me to get to where I am today. It also took a lot of determination. The benefits I get from this are so great and it's something I do enjoy and can do by myself.

Whatever you do for yourself, make sure you enjoy it!

If you have people in your life who would appreciate our Caregiver greeting cards & gift lines to celebrate and affirm Caregivers, please have them contact me by email: cbrecht4@gmail.com and refer them to www.tangledartboutique.com to the Caregiver Gallery.


Best Wishes,
Carole Brecht

~The Sandwich Woman, the Heart of the Sandwich Generation~

~Where Words Soothe and Ideas & Art Delight~


Twitter: bit.ly/SanGenTW

Instagram: bit.ly/SanGenIG

Facebook: bit.ly/SanGenFB

Tangled Art Boutique: bit.ly/TABoutique

Copyright 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment